Tuesday, January 15, 2013

NFOTD 2012


In short #NFOTD means New Film of the Day and a twitter hashtag meaning a film you have never seen before.

This year the creator of the term Cinematographer Cybel Martin decided to ask us NFOTDers (filmmakers and film lovers who use the #NFOTD hashtag on Twitter) about their favorite NFOTD for 2012.

In her words
#nfotd2012  
1. fav film in theater 
2. fav streaming/DVD 
3. fav most eccentric 
4. fav doc

Below is what I said in reverse as a kind of countdown. (There are links to more about these films at the end.)


#nfotd2012  4. fav docUnder African Skies (2012): (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2112868/
I also saw at the 2012 Maryland Film Festival.


#nfotd2012  3. fav most eccentric 
TIE 
Compliance (2012): (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1971352/) & 
The Jeffrey Dahmer Files (2012): (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1779076/)

I saw them both back 2 back at the 2012 Maryland Film Festival and they knocked me out! 





#nfotd2012  2. fav streaming/DVDDog Day Afternoon #DontJudgeMe Absolutely some of the finest acting I have ever seen.

#nfotd2012  1. fav film in theaterBeasts of the Southern Wild (Even though I reserve the right to change after I've see Zero Dark Thirty and Les Mis









Additional Links
I also spoke of #nfotd2012 numbers 3 and 4 in a separate blog post here

I spoke more about Dog Day Afternoon in a blog post titled Cool Trivia About 'Dog Day Afternoon' or Why Al Pacino is So Awesome!

My review of Beasts of the Southern Wild here

—>My Top Ten Films of 2012


You can read a more detailed explanation of NFOTD in the post What is #NFOTD?


No comments:

Post a Comment