Monday, January 30, 2012

Best Picture Oscar 2012

This morning was the FIRST morning I got a real good look at the 2012 Academy Awards nominations. Yes I was tweeting about them @NotherBrother, but I never just sat down and read the list...until now. I posted at the 'Nother Brother Entertainment Blog how I feel about the Academy Awards (here), but suffice it to say I LOVE them. I mean I took time out of my busy, busy, work day to watch the nominations LIVE (January 24, 2012).

Now that I've talked about them and perused the entire list, here are the NINE nominees for the Academy Award for Best Picture


“War Horse”

“The Artist”

“Midnight in Paris”

“Moneyball”

“The Descendants”

“The Tree of Life”

“The Help”

“Hugo”

“Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close”

Of those nine I have seen Midnight in Paris, Moneyball, The Help and Hugo. Of those four MY VOTE for Best Picture would go to—Midnight in Paris a WONDERFUL Motion Picture ESPECIALLY if you love literature.

Of the remaining FIVE I really only want to see The Descendants.

I really, really, REALLY don't want to see The Artist, but it's getting SO MUCH buzz and acclaim I feel I must. I mean I really, really, REALLY didn't want to see The Help, but I did and enjoyed it. (Read my full review here)

I really, really, REALLY don't want to see War Horse, but it's Spielberg so I might.

I'm indifferent about Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, but if I see War Horse I might round that out with The Tree of Life so I can say I've seen ALL NINE Best Picture nominees.

I'll see if I can see the remaining five, but it looks like The Descendants and The Artist may be the only ones I see before the Academy Awards telecast on February 26, 2012.

Related Links
  • Read what I thought about ALL TEN of the Best Picture nominees here
  • See my Special Compilation of African Americans at the Oscars at the Cool Black Media Blog here