Friday, March 22, 2019

Black Animated film 'Hair Love'

I donated to the Kickstarter (fundraiser) for this film. You can read more about that below and more about this film and the other films I donated to at the 'Nother Brother Entertainment blog at the bottom.




#TBT From AUGUST 2017 my post about HAIR LOVE that was just announced yesterday as being picked up by SONY PICTURES ANIMATION.🙌🏾🖤 You can read more about that @ the new link @ the bottom and also @ the Link in my BIO☝🏾 REPOST: When the short film #HairLove was announced a month ago I knew I had to be a part of it.❤️ 'Hair Love', is a 5 minute animated short film that centers around the relationship between an African-American father, Stephen, his daughter, Zuri and her hair. It's a story about an African American father trying to do his daughters hair for the first time. As the creator of this project @matthewacherry put it, "I've had the idea for this project for a couple of years now, but it wasn't until I recently started coming across a lot of viral videos of black fathers interacting with their sons and daughters online that I finally had the confidence to try and make this a real thing." See this story is ALL TOO REAL to me. One morning☀️before school, I TRIED to do my daughter's hair and it was an EPIC FAIL!🤦🏾‍♂️ I tried to do her hair the way I'd seen her mother do it dozens of times, but I was failing miserably and her school bus 🚌 was due to arrive soon.🙇🏾 I eventually put something together, but I wouldn't call it a hairstyle or "done". 🤦🏾‍♂️ She made her bus, but I felt so bad for her that day.😥😔 After that, the only thing I did with her hair was grease her scalp after it was braided (pictured, top left) and I did that WELL! 👌🏾LOL On a last note: Any resemblance between the shirt color of the animated father and mine I'm sure is pure coincidental. LOL 😂 Because of almost 5,000 people that backed 'Hair Love' it surpassed its initial goal of $75K and is currently the most funded short film in the history of @Kickstarter raising $284K, 378% of its goal.🙌🏾 🔷NEW LINK: “Sony Animation Picks Up ‘Hair Love’ Short From ‘BlacKkKlansman’ EP Matthew A. Cherry” https://deadline.com/2019/03/blackkklansman-executive-producer-hair-love-film-matthew-a-cherry-sony-pictures-animation-kickstarter-1202579320/ also @ the Link in my BIO☝🏾
A post shared by Dankwa Brooks (@dankwa) on

MARCH 20, 2019
Sony Animation Picks Up ‘Hair Love’ Short From ‘BlacKkKlansman’ EP Matthew A. Cherry



Click the titles below

Why I Donated to AFFRM


Why I Donated to Spike Lee’s Fundraising Campaign



No comments:

Post a Comment