Friday, March 15, 2019

'Marshall' movie review

BELOW is my Instagram review of the 2017 film Marshall, starring Chadwick Boseman, reposted by the film's director on HIS Instagram.

 SYNOPSIS: Young Thurgood Marshall faces one of his greatest challenges while working as a lawyer for the NAACP. Marshall travels to conservative Connecticut when wealthy socialite Eleanor Strubing accuses black chauffeur Joseph Spell of sexual assault and attempted murder. He soon teams up with Sam Friedman, a local Jewish lawyer who's never handled a criminal case. Together, the two men build a defense while contending with racist and anti-Semitic views from those who deem Spell to be guilty.

 Release date: October 13, 2017 (USA)

 Director: Reginald Hudlin

 Read my review below.



#Repost @dankwa ・・・ #MarshallMovie Review: Straight up and down, I enjoyed this movie far more than I thought I would. The trailers did not do the film justice in my opinion and the full film is far better. Director REGINALD HUDLIN, who did a great job with the period setting, crafted this movie like a superhero tale. The hero is up against insurmountable odds and he has his trusty sidekick to help him out of this latest debacle. This is NOT a #ThurgoodMarshall BioPic, but a “case in the life”. In comic parlance, I’ve heard this called an “origin story” and that’s exactly what it was. What sold this picture for me were the performances. They were really good to terrific! The lead prosecutor played by DAN STEVENS, in a really good performance, didn’t come off as a mustache twirling racist and neither did the judge, played by the always brilliant JAMES CROMWELL. The “defense table” of CHADWICK BOSEMAN, JOSH GAD and STERLING K. BROWN each were terrific! I wanted to see this movie, but I kinda didn’t know what to expect. It’s really good and I think young and old will enjoy it.
A post shared by Reginald Hudlin (@reggiehudlin) on

No comments:

Post a Comment